Wednesday, September 29, 2010

best. day. ever.

So for the last two years I've been working my bum off trying to get all my prereqs for Nursing completed.  Finally, having completed them with an acceptable GPA I took the TEAS test about two weeks ago.  And holy smokes! That test was insane! It was so hard, and the worst part is that as soon as you click "done" you get your score right then and there.  Well, I didn't fail, but I didn't get a great score either.  I tried to hold the tears back as much as I could until I could get to the safety of my car.  I have to tell you, I cried, and cried, and cried.  My head hurt, my mascara was all over the place, and the next day my eyes were really puffy and small from all the crying.  I felt like I had no hope.  I didn't even want to try to submit my application because I for sure wasn't going to get an interview (which is the next phase).   Nevertheless, i submitted my application. 

These last two days I have been dreaming that I don't receive an e-mail giving me a place for an interview (receiving an e-mail is good, if you receive a mailed letter it means bad news) And the other dream was that I had received an e-mail but i accidently declined my interview??? It's been horrible. 

Today at about 2 pm, I checked my school e-mail to see if I had received anything. And nada.  Then after work I receive a text from my friend who's also applying to the program saying that she had received an a-mail for the interview.  My heart just sank.  I prayed that there would be an e-mail for me and logged in again.  And guess what!!!!  I have an interview!!!!  It looks like an hour after I had first checked they e-mailed me! I'm so excited!!!  While this doesn't mean that I'm accepted into the program yet,  it is one step closer!

This is the best day ever! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your interview! Don't loose hope. You can do it ;)

    ReplyDelete